‘Trust in the Lord and Flourish.’ (Proverbs 11:28)
St Mary’s is a Church of England school, which welcomes all children and enables them to flourish.
We aspire to develop the gifts and talents of all our children and to equip them with the knowledge and skills to achieve their potential. Through our teaching and collective worship we will nourish those of the Christian faith, encourage those of other faiths and challenge those who have no faith. We enable all our pupils to FLOURISH by providing a wide range of educational opportunities and experiences. We care for all our members within a secure family environment. We encourage and value an active partnership between school, home and the wider world.
- FAITH : Providing an environment where Christian values underpin all we do, where worship flows into our learning and where all children appreciate the value of other faiths whilst being rooted in a Christian community.
- LEARNING: Achieving high standards in learning by identifying and providing for the needs and talents of each pupil to enable them to achieve their potential.
- OPPORTUNITY: Providing opportunities for pupils to be curious, creative and inspired by taking part in a range of educational experiences, visits and extra-curricular activities.
- UNDERSTANDING: Establishing a caring community which recognises equality of opportunity, diversity and raises awareness of moral values within a Christian ethos.
- RESPECT: Promoting high standards of behaviour and fostering a sense of respect and responsibility for self and others.
- INDEPENDENCE: Helping children develop a range of skills to be confident and self-assured learners with excellent attitudes to learning.
- SELF-MOTIVATION: Fostering self-reliance, so that pupils enjoy the challenge of learning and are resilient to failure.
- HAPPINESS: Creating a safe, nurturing and stimulating learning environment in which children can flourish.
'A cohesive and welcoming school community is valued by parents, pupils, staff, governors and friends.’ (SIAMS Inspection)